Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Real World: Back to New Orleans Season Finale Tonight!!

Tonight is the season finale of one of the best seasons of the Real World in recent memory, Back to New Orleans. I find it quite coincidental that the best season in years occurred at the same time I started this blog. Sometimes I wonder if this was good or bad for me. I think it would have been a different blog, not better or worse, but just different. Making fun of a season for sucking bad can be fun and funny, but it would get old quick. A good season like this sort of writes itself, which is great because it is easier but it also lends itself to simple recaps of plots. I hope I did a good job of keeping it fresh and entertaining for you guys.

So based on the previews, we find out that Ryan is coming back for the season finale!! This is awesome news, indeed! That isn't to say that the rest of the cast weren't interesting for the time they were without Ryan (Knight and Jemmye are MVP's on any other season), but it has to be noted that MTV only showed one episode from that time period. Obviously Ryan was away for more time than what was reflected on the last episode, yet they could only get one hour of quality material out of it. This speaks to how incredibly important Ryan has been for the show. Look at it this way: The producers had two amazing cast members in Knight and Jemmye. Still, they only had one episode of film before they decided to get Ryan back, Ladies and gentleman, I give you a Hall of Famer. I cannot for the life of me remember when the Real World featured another Hall of Fame season like Ryans'.

And now, after a seemingly short season, we arrive at the season finale. Although, the reunion show is really the season finale. That's when all of the best information comes out, especially since they've had a chance to watch the show and see how it was edited. But for posterity, we have to treat tonight's episode as the last. Well, fine. Be that way. I'm very excited since Ryan is coming back for god knows what reason. I wonder how they are going to play this. Will Ryan call the house and ask back or will he just show up? I'm practically giddy with anticipation. In fact, to type more would be exciting rambling and nothing more. So I will have to end it on that note. How many other bloggers would do that? Admit they are just going to be rambling if they continue? How awesome am I? No? Ok then....

No comments:

 
Custom Search