Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finally! Episode 1 of Cutthroat Review

The anticipation was worth it. Or maybe I was just so pumped for the premiere of The Challenge:Cutthroat that no matter how good or bad the episode was, I was going to love it. There were so many great moments, but I won't bore you with all of them.

The main highlights are Laurel and Shavonda fighting over literally nothing. Laurel wanted to wrestle Shavonda, I think, and she didn't. I have to say Laurel is a tad weird when she drinks. How does one respond to a wrestling request, as a woman? Then Shavonda actually hit Laurel, yet nothing was done about it. Five years ago, Shavonda gets kicked off for that. Now, it's not even mentioned again. Love it!! There was also some type of competition where they had to go into a gas-filled room and remember things. That was something I probably could not do, so kudos to those guys for pulling it off.

So far, through one episode, Abram is really impressing me. I forgot that this guy is a legit competitor who can take over the competition. He's definitely going to be around until the end. I also think that Johnny and Derrick's team is fairly stacked and they will both make it to the end.

Then there is Brad's team. Ugh, I really feel for the guy. But it isn't going to end well, as always. At least he has Tori, who he has since married. I suppose she made peace with the fact that he will never hold a real job and is a lovable loser in life. I personally would have no problem with him going on these challenges until he's 50. I wonder if Brad receives public assistance since he doesn't seem to generate any income on his own.

But onto the best part of the show; the preview of the season featuring CT!!! I love how they reveal the big plot twist of the season in the previews. Doesn't that just ruin the whole point of the plot twist. As always I have a theory. CT is such a great character that the producers couldn't keep it a secret any longer. They figured the best way to keep the audience invested in the show is to let the secret out that CT and his craziness is going to show up at some point. I wonder why they included Tina as part of the whole "we just are going to bring the baddest and biggest former challengers ever onto the show to flip the show upside down?" Is she really that intimidating? She's really just a bitch. But that works for me.

But the bottom line is based on the first episode, I think we are in for a good season. Or at least we know we get a good payoff with CT at some point.

On a separate note, I haven't been posting as frequently as I want to, not necessarily because I have more to say on the current season of the Challenge or Real World. But I do want to post more "special blogs" like profiles in courage and more on my favorite seasons. So I'll make a deal with no one in particular. I will have a new post on one of my favorite seasons of the Real World. Make sure to read tomorrow to find out which season...

No comments:

 
Custom Search