Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fresh Meat 2 Season Finale Running Diary

I'm taking a page from my hero, Bill Simmons, and doing a running diary of the season finale of The Challenge: Fresh Meat 2. These are my actual thoughts as the show was going on in real time. Hope you enjoy it.


10:00-Alright here we go! The culmination of a disappointing Challenge season!!

10:05 You have to go with Jenn and Noor here for the win. Ryan has the athleticism of Andy Dick.

10:06 I like how Ryan doesn’t even refer to his partner when explaining their chances. He says “Jenn and I haven’t seen an exile yet.” Ok, but Theresa is your partner.

10:07 Ryan and Theresa in the lead, the puzzle is difficult?

10:08 Ryan is already dying. Not looking good. But Noor seems to have some trouble also.

10:09 I love how much trouble people have with a 4x 4 sudoku. C’mon, that is ridiculously easy. Ok, maybe I’m a puzzle nerd.

10:11 Ryan: “This exile is taking a toll on all 4 of us.” Or you just all suck.

10:12 What’s the point of all this drama? Neither Ryan/Theresa or Jenn/Noor stand any chance of winning this thing. For that matter, no one other than Kenny/Laurel has a chance. The main drawback of this season is that the whole thing was pretty much settled when Wes went home.

10:15 I’m glad Noor moved on. He needed to do well in this Challenge to ensure he would become a fixture on future Challenges.

10:15 By the way, my fiancĂ© is passed out on the couch. Her level of interest couldn’t be lower, and I have a blog on the show. Match made in heaven.

10:16 How did Ryan prove he was an athlete? He never won a challenge, and the only time he went into exile, he lost. Someone explain his line of thinking.

10:19 Kenny: “I’m going to show you guys, for the 4th time, why I’m the king of sting, the ultimate awesome, suck my ass, I’m going to win this one.”

10:22 Cool! Canoes. It’s going to be like in Lord of the Rings. Wait, what?

10:23 Predictions: 1st Kenny/Laurel 2nd Pete/Jillian 3rd Landon/Carley 4th Noor/Jenn

10:30 Landon/Carley out to the early lead, a bit surprised. I’m wondering where this would rank on the all time sports upset scale.

10:32 I like that they have the information for the song currently playing on the bottom of the screen. Now all they need to do is play a song I actually like.

10:34 The more I watch this show, the more I realize I could be very good. Now I just need to take some steroids, get a std, and lose all semblance of self respect.

10:36 The puzzle isn’t hard. You all are just stupid. I seriously think the producers put so many puzzles in the show for shits and giggles.

10:36 So Pete is not being supportive of Jill. Because she can’t ride a bike!!!

10:38 Laurel seems like she is quitting. TJ Lavin is not going to be happy.

10:39 I think Landon and Carley got this. “Mr. Handsome” is flipping out on Laurel now. This loss is not on him.

10:41 I am rooting for Landon, he’s a good guy who plays the game with integrity but hasn’t pulled out a win yet. He deserves one.

10:45 Landon is pulling an amazing performance. He is literally carrying all the weight on his back. He is just taking over the game.

10:47 How are you not sprinting here, Landon and Carley? Kenny is sprinting because he is a gamer. Laurel, not so much, but at least she is moving.

10:49 Look, I know these guys aren’t professional athletes. And I am sure this is physically grueling, probably something I couldn’t do. But Kenny is sprinting up this mountain. This is absolutely the equivalent of Kobe driving hard to the lane in triple overtime with nothing left in the tank.

10:53 Landon just said that even though Carley is exhausted, she never gives up. I think we just found out who is winning this thing.

10:55 Landon and Carley win!! What a great victory for a great team. They were just good people who played a good game. They were on the wrong alliance, and paid for it, but they just kept plugging along and really deserve this. I have to say, this is the first time I actually am genuinely happy for someone in this game.

10:56 I’m surprised, but not shocked that they won. Both Landon and Carley are strong players, which is vital to winning this thing.

10:57 You can tell this really hurts Kenny. This is his life, and to lose one of these things has to sting and make him reevaluate some things. But hopefully he’ll be back for the next one. These Challenges aren’t the same without Kenny. Also, much respect for the class him and Laurel showed in defeat. They are good people, unlike uber bitch Evelyn. God I hate her.

11:00 Oh, fuck. The Reunion show is up next. I can’t do it. I’ll have some final thoughts on the season tomorrow.

11:01 What did I just see? Kenny and Wes were just in a commercial for 7Eleven, and they were farmers who were fighting about something. Just surreal, I really don’t know what to even say right now.

No comments:

 
Custom Search